Next up in the series of PDF guides for the Reason Rack Extensions is a combination of both the Ammo 400R and Ammo 1200BR, analogue matrixed modulation oscillators (say that five times fast). These two devices delve into sonic and CV possibilities that can be quite simple at first, but incredibly complex when you start understanding their workflow. So here is another 10-page PDF guide to cover this powerhouse Mono synth and modulation mayhem machine. And still for the same price as a cup of coffee.
Jiggery-Pokery is the man behind the mayhem, and he delivers a really novel take on synth design and modulation routing. There are 4 Oscillators, 16 possible CV outputs, an Internal Routing Matrix (similar to the Modulation Bus Routing System found in Thor). Dive in and you’ll open yourself up to a whole world of interesting possibilities.
If you are familiar with the book I wrote on the core devices in Reason, then you’ll already be familiar with the layout. There’s a bunch of samples on the book page which you can download to get an idea of how these PDFs are put together. Here’s an outline of what you’ll get in the 10-page Ammo guide, specifically:
- Complete coverage of the Ammo 400R and 1200BR devices, with all controls explained.
- Complete coverage of how the 3 Modules are integrated together (Ammo, Battery, and Re-ARM).
- Complete coverage of all the Audio & CV routing options found on the back of the devices.
- Visual display and explanation for the 136 Oscillator Waveforms
- Explanation of how to create FM, AM, and Pulse Width Modulations
- Plenty of Tips & Tricks
- 4 short examples on how to create some interesting patches (Super Synth, Dual Oscillator Bass, Battery Power Synth, and an FM & AM Super Synth)
And all of this for $2.49 USD.
Purchases can be made here:
Also don’t forget that the book, which covers all core Reason Devices & 8 Rack Extensions is still available over here: http://www.reason101.net/products/reason101-visual-guide-to-the-reason-rack/
Any comments, ideas, suggestions, please feel free to ask below. All my best & happy Reasoning!